Yamaha YDP-121 Digital Piano
The Yamaha YDP-121 is an excellent choice for beginning or advancing piano students.
Yamaha's YDP-121 is a great 88 key weighted hammer action piano, and is also a nice looking piano. The Yamaha YDP-121 digital piano is an improved version of the enormously popular YDP-101, with features most teachers require in a beginning instrument, like good weighted hammer-type action. Yamaha has long been known for having excellent digital piano touch, and the YDP-121's new low price makes this an attractive piano for newer students.
TheYDP-121 features 32-note polyphony, three pedals, three reverb types, normal and dual play modes, a built-in metronome with speeds from 32 to 280 bpm and time signatures that include 2/4, 3/4, 4/4, 5/4, and 6/4. It also features transposition and four settings for touch sensitivity.
It's important to note that the YDP-121 is not MIDI compatible, but Joe guesses that some compromises need to made when offering such a nice instrument at a low price. As far as CleverJoe knows, most acoustic pianos are not MIDI compatible either and they also cost and weigh a whole lot more then the YDP 121.
Yamaha YDP-121 Digital Piano Features
- Yamaha's famous HE weighted action
- Built-in woodgrain style key cover
- 3 Full-functioning pedals including bass sostenuto
- Beautiful Rosewood-style finish
- 5 Voices: grand piano, electric piano, harpsichord, organ and strings, with a variation of each voice
- Nice built-in reverb effects
- 2-Track sequencer for playback and recording
- Internal library of piano teaching songs with practice function for left hand and right hand
- Great sounding built-in amplifier, speakers and power supply
- Measures 55 3/16"W x 20 7/8"D x 33 3/16"H