Roland XP-30 Keyboard Synthesizer
The XP series of keyboards are power-house musical instruments
loaded with excellent features.
The Roland XP-30 is absolutely packed, setting the bar high for other keyboards in it's range.
The XP30 uses sound sets from the popular JV-1080 and JV-2080 modules, plus tons of sound patches from the Session, Orchestral, and Techno Collection expansion boards.
Sporting two slots for SRJV 80 expansion boards, the XP-30 has 61 velocity sensitive keys with aftertouch. A very sweet feature is the built-in, programmable arpeggiator - the same one as found on the XP-60/80 (CleverJoe loves crazy arpeggiators, and Roland makes some of the best!).
Nice set of effects including reverb, chorus, delay - 40 algorithms in total. If you buy the XP-30 new, it even includes a CD-ROM with Emagic SoundDiver sound-editing software.
- Sound sets from the JV-1080 and JV-2080
- Patches from the Session, Orchestral, and Techno Collection expansion boards
- Two slots for SRJV80 expansion boards
- 61 velocity- and aftertouch-sensitive keys
- 64-voice polyphony
- Advanced arpeggiator from the XP-60/80
- Built-in reverb, chorus, and set of forty effects
- Four onboard sliders for realtime control and editing
- Patch finder and phrase preview functions
- Large easy to use, luminous buttons
- Includes Emagic SoundDiver software
Okay, I own an XP-80, but how do I turn this thing on? (When candlelight and romantic music
ROLAND XP-80 VIDEO MANUAL
Great synth packed with excellent sounds and features!
- 64 voices of polyphony - 16 part multitimbral - 8 megs of internal
waveforms (XP-80 expandable to 32 megs) - Fully programmable synths - Loaded
sequencers - Built in disk drives
The XP-50 is a 61 note keyboard, and the XP-80 is a 76 note weighted
keyboard. The XP-80 has nine of Roland Expansion Board Series available.
You can use up to four expansion boards at one time, accessing 32 megs of
- 338 presets - 256 user patches
- 16 preset drum kits - 20 user kits
- TR909, Dance, Techno and House sets
- Fully programmable synthesizer
- Realtime Controllers
- Built-in Serial interface
- Very hip Arpeggiator
- 16 part multitimbral
Here are some related Roland JV series links:
Info and tips for JV-80's
XP-50/JV-1080 Synthesizer Page
Decent info page about the Roland XP-50.
Adam's JV/XP Home Page
An Australian site with sound patches, info, etc.